Joln us at AHIMA’22 Global Conference
“We look forward to hosting a diverse assembly of innovators who will share their insights on realizing a better world where health information is accessible, equitable, inclusive and secure for everyone,” said AHIMA CEO Wylecia Wiggs Harris, PhD, CAE.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) August 31, 2022
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is pleased to invite members and innovative health data professionals to AHIMA22, its premier global conference where leading voices will meet on October 9-12, 2022, in Columbus, Ohio. Elevating the concept that “data is the new medicine,” AHIMA22 aims to equip attendees with the resources needed to transform healthcare through data and information advances that seek to improve patient outcomes, lower costs, and enhance access to care.
“We look forward to hosting a diverse assembly of healthcare innovators who will share their insights on realizing a better world where health information is accessible, equitable, inclusive and secure for everyone,” said AHIMA CEO Wylecia Wiggs Harris, PhD, CAE. “The AHIMA22 global experience is designed to illuminate the link between health information and health innovation both in our work today and in planning for the future. We understand this vision demands a strong community, which is why we encourage all health data professionals to join us at the AHIMA22 Global Conference.”
Multi-faceted breakout sessions are organized around four key areas:
- Workforce: Skills required to meet evolving needs in the context of the industry is changing.
- Data: Healthcare changes that will result from increased volumes and sources of data and how to ensure the integrity and quality of that data.
- Privacy and Security: Addressing the challenges of keeping health data private, secure, and accessible even as the volume and mobility of that data continues to grow.
- Consumerism: Managing and supporting the growing role that patients have in accessing and using their own health data to make informed decisions and navigate the healthcare system.
To support the paradigm shift around the health data as the new medicine, AHIMA22 educational content will delve into topics such as workforce trends, cyberthreats, consumer literacy, data interpretation and social determinants of health, among others. The program also features workshops, tech demos, data dialogues, meet-up hubs, and networking opportunities.
Highlights of the four-day conference include Keynote Speakers, notably:
- Marcus Whitney, a self-taught, successful entrepreneur on how to inspire change by embracing innovation
- Dr. Tina Shah, MD, MPH brings her experience as a former White House fellow to life through storytelling and provides key insights on equitable digital health policies and the role of health information professionals.
- Mateo Salvatto, a 22-year-old tech entrepreneur from Buenos Aires, Argentina and author of “The Battle for the Future” – a 2021 best seller about technology solutions for communicating with the deaf.
“My talk will address what’s happening with healthcare, data and ‘consumerism’ in medicine on the national policy level and at the local level, alongside what our roles are and their relevance to our day-to-day work.” said Dr. Tina Shah, a practicing pulmonary and critical care doctor and former Senior Advisor to the U.S. Surgeon General. “I’m very excited to speak at AHIMA22 because it brings together innovative leaders, superstars of patient care, experts in health data management and like-minded colleagues in the profession.”
Exhibit Hall happenings at AHIMA22 promise to offer registrants a broad range of learning and social activities, from changemaker sessions and product theaters to receptions and giveaways. Importantly, conference participants can interact with nearly 100 vendors that will showcase their tools, technologies, products, and services to advance the health information industry.
AHIMA22 registrants can add AHIMA22 Virtual for only $175 and experience sessions they may have missed in Columbus, exclusive keynotes available only at AHIMA22 Virtual, on-demand access to all sessions, and the ability to learn and review sessions on their own schedule through December 4.
Attendees can earn up to 21 CEUs. The full agenda and registration details are available at https://conference.ahima.org.
AHIMA is a global nonprofit association of health information (HI) professionals. AHIMA represents professionals who work with health data for more than one billion patient visits each year. AHIMA’s mission of empowering people to impact health drives our members and credentialed HI professionals to ensure that health information is accurate, complete, and available to patients and providers. Our leaders work at the intersection of healthcare, technology, and business, and are found in data integrity and information privacy job functions worldwide.
Share article on social media or email: