The healthcare industry continues to experience dramatic change year after year. A rapidly shifting landscape of patient expectations, workforce crisis and burnout, and stressed financial models has challenged organizations to adapt and reimagine what it means to provide care. We are committed to empowering healthcare organizations to deliver meaningful outcomes; not only as a technology provider but a trusted collaborator, focused on understanding these challenges and supporting our customers every step of the way.
Microsoft will soon join industry thought leaders and changemakers representing every sector across global healthcare at HIMSS23, from April 17 to 21, 2023, in Chicago, IL to discuss the latest advancements and innovations in healthcare.
We will focus our time helping organizations with their biggest challenges through speaking sessions, thought leadership, partner engagements, customer meetings, and booth tours. We will demonstrate how the unique capabilities of Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization deliver exceptional patient and member experiences, accelerate data-driven decision-making, support your healthcare workforce, and enhance collaboration across the care continuum
Engage with Microsoft at HIMSS23
Here are 8 HIMSS23 opportunities you should add to your plans:
1. Microsoft Booth #1201 (Hall A—South Building). Join us at the Microsoft Booth #1201, in Hall A of the South Building at McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, IL. The booth will feature space for exclusive one-to-one meetings, interactive customer demos and featured partner presentations. Meet with our industry partners: Andor Health, Avanade | Accenture, Cognizant | TriZetto, Efferent Health, HCLTech, SOPHiA GENETICS, Wipro, Teladoc Health, and Wolters Kluwer at our booth along with Startups partners: Anjuna Security, Pangaea Data, Recuro Health and Microsoft Systems Integrators partners: CDW, Kyndryl, and OST.
Now part of Microsoft, visit Nuance in our booth or in Nuance booth #912 (Hall A—South Building) to experience the patient journey in action through conversational AI, ambient intelligence, revenue integrity, radiology, and patient engagement solutions.
New this year, is our Learning Center—an in-booth theatre, featuring a compelling daily agenda of thought leadership and industry best practice stories. Stop by our booth, have a seat, and join your peers for these sessions.
2. Opening Keynote—Responsible AI: Prioritizing patient safety, privacy, and ethical considerations—Tuesday, April 18, 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM CT. The opening of the ChatGPT service launched AI into the public consciousness, and it has made a daily appearance in the news ever since. Long before public awareness began spiking, industry leaders focused on ethical AI, ensuring that AI tools are used responsibly, equitably, and safely. In this discussion, we will explore key issues necessary to create AI systems that benefit society and that are aligned with human values and ethical principles, including privacy, security, algorithmic bias, automated decision-making, and data governance.
3. Lunch and learn opportunities—space is limited, register today (lunch is provided).
Epic on Azure: Technical best practices and migration journey—Tuesday, April 18, 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM CT. Deploying Epic on Microsoft Azure provides a trusted path to healthcare-ready innovation in the cloud—bringing the intelligence, security, and reliability of Azure to your Epic applications. In this discussion, learn about considerations for migrating to the cloud, common migration journeys, the customer experience, and lessons learned while developing and leveraging the best practices and reference architecture for Epic on Azure. Register here today.
Cloud scale analytics driving operational excellence within federal healthcare—Tuesday April 18, 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM CT. Join us for a panel discussion on utilizing cloud-based analytics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal Healthcare agencies. Featuring experts from the federal government and Microsoft, we will discuss the benefits of using data and cloud analytics, including cost savings, improved visibility, and enhanced patient outcomes. Register here today.
4. Powering the Future of Healthcare through Responsible AI—Tuesday, April 10, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM CT. The growth of AI and machine learning in healthcare points to a future in which these technologies will consistently aid clinical decision-making, workforce support and planning, patient experience, and overall business strategy. Join our innovation discussion to explore new ways of using AI-powered solutions to improve health outcomes while reducing costs and removing inefficiencies across your healthcare organization.
5. Virtual first approach to augment consumer care delivery at home—Tuesday, April 18, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM CT. With the recent COVID-19, we saw significant adoption of telehealth and other key consumer tools that provided access to healthcare and personal services in a simple, convenient, and on-demand way. This session will address how tech-enabled services and connected platforms continue to expand and play an important role in connecting consumers, especially those in underserved and rural communities, to their appropriate healthcare providers.
6. Transforming patient care through data and insights—Wednesday, April 19, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM CT. We are standing at what could possibly be the next big quantum leap in technology industry—every aspect of the world will be impacted by how we will use and process data and AI. Healthcare is no exception—with generative AI becoming buzz words in the last few months, we know that this technology will have the potential to improve disease diagnosis, research, and clinical and operational insights in a way like never before. We will discuss what this really means for organizations wanting to benefit from and build on AI and machine learning models—what are the practical applications of this technology and what can AI applications and models do to help solve some of healthcare’s toughest problems. You will get an opportunity to hear from healthcare leaders on use cases of implementing cloud and AI to support clinical decision making and propelling medical science into the future.
7. Nurses’ Evolving Role in Informatics During the Digital Transformation Era—Wednesday, April 19, 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM CT. There have been major technological shifts taking place in healthcare requiring tremendous amount of resource allocations towards technology, staffing, and regulatory compliance. One of the ongoing and most costly investments is human resources which has been especially challenging post COVID-19. Join us to discuss strategies that can empower nurses as they navigate through the rapid changes of high-tech healthcare. This session will address the current workforce crisis around employee retention and wellbeing, clinician burnout, career and workforce development, equity, inclusion, and other important topics.
8. Compliance with Cloud: Hybrid, Multi-Cloud: Making Shared Responsibilities Work—Thursday. April 20, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM CT. Improving the patient experience requires protecting patient data with strong privacy, security, and compliance, and avoiding breaches, ransomware and other security incidents that erode patient trust. Join us to hear first-hand from the frontlines of healthcare how to make cloud computing work for healthcare, and how to make shared responsibilities for privacy, security, and compliance work in practice.
We hope to see you at HIMSS23, visit us at Booth #1201 (Hall A—South Building) at McCormick Place Convention Center. Let’s discuss your challenges, goals, and how Microsoft can help.
Join peers and experts to develop, strengthen, and learn from the relationship of health and technology.