Here are seven hospitals launching innovative patient safety programs:
- LifeSaving Radio allows surgical teams to create custom playlists and is the first artificial intelligence-powered radio station “clinically designed to optimize surgical performance and help surgeons save lives,” according to creators NextMed Health and Klick Health.
- This $2 solution may be able to curb postpartum hemorrhage.
- Leaders at St. Bernard Hospital on Chicago’s South Side managed to raise their Leapfrog Safety Grade from an ‘F’ to an ‘A’ by changing their safety strategy.
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City (Mo.) is the first freestanding pediatric hospital to open a NASA-inspired “mission-control” center that tracks patients from admission to discharge, reduces clinician administrative burden and centralizes hospital operations.
- The birthing center at Cape Cod Hospital in Hyannis, Mass., has become one of nine hospitals in the state to participate in a new national labor and delivery care model.
- Michigan Medicine issued a new policy regarding employees’ responsibility to report alleged acts of patient abuse or neglect by colleagues.
- Cleveland Clinic found hospitals can decrease their use of antibiotics and shorten hospital stays of some pneumonia patients by switching from IV antibiotics to oral antibiotic treatments sooner.